Social Impact Strategist
As an accomplished and highly regarded philanthropy strategist, I founded Adansonia to leverage my 20 years’ experience in change management, social impact delivery, strategic planning and stakeholder engagement to help nonprofit leaders and business leaders deliver scalable community-centered programs.
I am a recognized strategic thinker and problem solver. I work with Adansonia clients to develop innovative solutions that improve impact-based organizational performance. My collaborative consulting process solicits input from all stakeholders to identify core issues and articulate desired outcomes. Your team will gain the insight and confidence they need to explore outcomes-based solutions and successfully implement strategies to achieve mission-focused social-impact. I will help you:
- Understand the big picture and identify core strategic focus areas for development and transformation.
- Explore multiple paths to achieve the outcomes you want to see for your organization and community.
- Determine the best option that leverages your resource development potential to achieve your goals.
- Develop your ideas and turn them into action to make your desired outcomes happen.
- Bring out the best in your team by recognizing each person’s unique characteristics and value to the team, and leveraging their strengths.
- Find and understand the information you need to empower you and your team to make credible and well-informed decisions.
- Identify and evaluate risks and opportunities that influence the performance of organization.
- Explore challenges and opportunities from different perspectives, seeking out connections and brainstorming real solutions that are within the scope of the organization’s mission and resources.
- Initiate and build mutually productive relationships between nonprofits, civic and business leaders, donors, volunteers and clients.
I am a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) and hold Bachelors Degrees in Communication and Marketing, which I earned at the University of South Africa and Institute of Marketing Management. My unique background includes over 25 years’ experience as a nonprofit board member, volunteer, development director, executive management team member and consultant in the United States, Cayman Islands, Botswana and South Africa.
My commitment to service excellence within and advancement of the nonprofit sector is expressed through my volunteer efforts.
SCORE St. Louis: I am a volunteer Auxiliary Member of SCORE: St. Louis Chapter, providing SCORE mentors and their nonprofit clients with nonprofit expertise within my subject areas. I am also a workshop and seminar presenter for their nonprofit education programs, including: How to Start and Manage a Nonprofit in Missouri; Strategic Planning for Nonprofits; How to Create an Annual Fundraising Plan; and Program Design for Maximum Social Impact.
My commitment to the nonprofit sector continues through my volunteer participation on the Boards of Directors for community nonprofits. I serve on the Board of Directors for Beverly Farm, a residential home for adults with developmental disabilities, where I participate on the Human Resources Committee and Fundraising Committee. I serve as Volunteer Committee Chair on the Board of Directors for IHELP: In Home English Learning Program , formerly Immigrant and Refugee Women’s Project.
I am a practicing Reiki Master and am committed to making the world a better place by facilitating connection to the universal life force through love, compassion and kindness.